Xopobox B.V.., and its subsidiaries, (collectively, “Xopobox” or “we” or “us” or “our”)
Effective as of March 22, 2020
Xopobox Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”).
At Xopobox, we respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting your information. We provide a cloud-based content management platform and our products that helps people save things that really matter.
This Privacy Notice explains how information (including personal data as defined under GDPR) is collected, retained, used, disclosed, and transferred by Xopobox and the available choices you have in regards to your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to information collected, used or shared by Xopobox when you use or access our websites, products, applications or services (collectively, the "Xopobox Services"), including when you attend a Xopobox event or otherwise interact with us.
2. Business Accounts
If you use the Xopobox Services as part of a business, an entity, or a non-profit (collectively, “Organization”) that has an agreement with Xopobox, then the terms of that agreement between the Organization and Xopobox will supersede the Privacy Notice where the terms overlap.
Changes to This Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Notice. If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we may notify you or your Organization more directly by email or post a notice on Xopobox’s website prior to the changes becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review our Privacy Notice to stay informed about our data protection practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
3. Collection of Information
Xopobox collects information in the following ways:
- Information You Provide. We collect the information you directly provide to Xopobox when you visit our website or register for and/or use the Xopobox Services.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We collect information related to your usage of the Xopobox Services and the devices you use to access those Xopobox Services.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources. We collect information from third parties where you have provided us with access to information from those third parties.
In some situations, you can decline to provide information to Xopobox when asked for it. If you decline to provide information where Xopobox requires such information to operate the Xopobox Services and fulfill our obligations, you may not be able to use the applicable Xopobox Service(s). Situations where this may occur include:
- Where Xopobox asks you to provide personal information to be able to add features or services to an existing account at your request;
- Where Xopobox asks you to provide personal information to create an account; or
- Where a third-party application on Xopobox asks you to provide information to use their feature or service.
There may be situations where you do not have the ability to decline to provide information. This includes where Xopobox automatically collects personal information through your use of Xopobox Services. For any questions about providing us with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Use of Information
Xopobox uses information collected for the purpose of providing the Xopobox Services. Xopobox will process and transfer information within and to the U.S. and other countries and territories from which Xopobox or its authorized third parties may operate, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
4. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties, unless you allow it, as described in this Privacy Notice, or in connection with providing you the Xopobox Services. We may share information with (i) third parties, vendors, paymentprocess partners or other services providers working on our behalf; (ii) the third-party Xopobox integrations or other third-party products that you choose to use while working with the Xopobox Services or (iii) when necessary, to protect the security and safety of our users or when required by law or a legal process or (iv) when information is shared anonymously
5. Your Personal Information Choices
We understand that your personal information is important to you, and that is why you have choices in how your personal information is used and shared. You can exercise your data protection and privacy rights at any time by logging into your Xopobox account and updating your preferences or contacting Xopobox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For example, you can:
- Update, access, and delete your account information;
- Choose whether you wish to receive promotional and newsleter communications; and
- Choose whether you wish to share personal information with and use Xopobox integrations.
6. Protection of Personal Information
Xopobox is committed to securing your personal information. We take appropriate technological and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Xopobox complies with applicable data protection, privacy, and security breach notification laws.
Some of the ways in which Xopobox protects your personal information include:
- We encrypt your Content when it is stored at our data centers.
- We protect sensitive information with encryption during transmission over the public Internet.
- We keep the servers on which personal information is stored in a controlled environment with limited access.
7. Our Policy Toward Children
The Xopobox Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
8. Contacting Us
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Xopobox Privacy, if you:
- Have questions about this Privacy Notice;
- Would like to contact Xopobox’s Data Protection Officer;
- Would like to contact Xopobox’s Data Protection Officer;
- Wish to make a complaint or have a concern about our handling of your personal information; or
- Want to report a possible breach of privacy laws.
Xopobox will respond to your inquiry within 30 days.
If we have received your personal information under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfer it to a third party service provider for processing, we will remain responsible if they process your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.